Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ode To My Very Dear Friends

Ode to My Friends

Can I just say....I have the best friends a gal could ever want or need.  I know you are all sick to death of the adoption chatter that spews from my lips every time you talk to me.  I know I have had a single focus for the past---gee, year.  You've never once told me to shut up, zip it or skip it.  Here's to you, my friends.  I love you all dearly.

To my friend who talks funny:  Joey you gave me strength & courage that I never possessed until I was truly blessed to be counted as one of your best friends.  There may be oceans between us, but you will always be my beloved sister and now, our little princess' auntie and godmother.  You, Jo are the loveliest person I will ever know and you brought me the greatest gift.  The lady who finally gave me courage to become a momma.

To my once client and forever friend:  in 15 plus years of my law practice I have never crossed over the line that separates lawyer and client... Until I meet you my dear Chet.  You have a heart of gold and I couldn't imagine not having you by my side.  Life can sure throw some curve balls at us, but you and your family are proof, miracles do happen and love and perseverance do solve the unsolveable.

To my old college roomie:  Still wished you'd taken the bar exam!  Remember to blink.  It would still have been Lems & Brown.  You and your family are truly beautiful and I hope that I'm a centimeter of the parent that you and Cherie are to the boys.  Truly inspirational and scary as hell.  I have a lot to learn.  Are you sure there's not an instructional manual?

To My Plain City Adopted Family:  Well you're stuck with us now.  You don't generally get to pick your family.  But I sure made an amazing pick!  I'm not only blessed but truly honored to be part of your loving nest.

Carlton:  You are my yin to your yang.  Enough said.

  I love you guys!  What a helluva China Team!  GO CHINA!

No comments:

Post a Comment