Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gotcha Day! January 9, 2012

I have to say, Gotcha Day managed to beat any of my most wildest expectations!  I had a very strong feeling that my little angel girl would already be there waiting for her momma, and sure enough, she was!  She was all smiles and laughter when I picked her up in my arms.  Mia laughed and laughed the entire 3 hours we were there.  I was the first person through the door and when I spotted her, my heart absolutely melted.  How could I have lived without this sweet girl in my life?  She is truly a miracle and heaven sent from her namesake.  My grandmother, Mia would have been so proud of this moment and I know she was looking down from heaven with tears of joy in her eyes and love in her heart.  You see, before I left Utah to travel to Mia, Grams had sent me a huge sign.  Although she has been gone for over 14 years now, I discovered in my plastic bags, kept in the garage (a garage that was not even built when Grams passed), a ball of baby blue yarn along with a small piece of crotchet and my Grams' favorite blue knitting needle.  Grandma Mia was knitting a baby blanket and reminded me that she is always near).  I love you Grams and thank you for being a part of this very special day that will live in my heart forever.

1 comment: